We made it to another year! 2018 was the year of (11), which brought transformations and shifts that assisted with aligning us to the best version of ourselves. Now, we are in the year of 2019 (3). 3 in numerology is about creativity, self-expression, inspiring others/inspiration, fun, and connection. How do we use 2019’s energy of 3 to bring the best year yet? Here’s how!
1. Live your Truth
What is your truth? We all have a particular connection to the universe, that makes every one of us unique. The most important factor in self-expression is being grounded within our inner truth. When we are living our truth and aware of who we are, it is harder to be affected by what doesn’t reflect our truth. Do at least one thing every day that fuels your inner truth and keeps it in tact. At times, the universe will test by bringing what is the opposite of our truth. Shifting your mind to see the truth within everything allows you to continuously manifest what is true to you.
(Ex: In the book The Science of Getting Rich, Wallace D Wattles states:
“Every appearance in the visible world tends to produce a corresponding form in the mind which observes it; and this can only be prevented by holding the thought of the TRUTH. [..] To think health when surrounded by the appearances of disease, or to think riches when in the midst of appearances of poverty, requires power; but he who acquires this power becomes a MASTER MIND. He can conquer fate; he can have what he wants.“)
2. Have Gratitude
Last year, I learned the importance of having gratitude from just being alive. Gratitude is a beautiful energy that brings a close connection to source (God, the Creator, Allah, etc.) when it is genuinely felt. When we focus on what we are grateful for, the universe brings MORE things to be grateful for. When we feel gratitude for “good and bad” (which are really subjective) situations, this allows us to become neutral and detached from outcomes in our life.
Ways to Have Gratitude:
- Write a list of things your grateful for and read it everyday/Write a different list of things your grateful for everyday
- Say affirmations for gratitude every morning (Ex:”I experience gratitude for everything I have in my life.”)
- Thanking others and yourself more often, even if it’s just for existing!
3. Live One Day at a Time
Focusing on the past and future can feel a bit overwhelming at times, causing anxiety. The best thing we can do for ourselves, is whatever we are doing at this very moment. Taking life one day at a time not only makes it easier to function, it also helps manifest our dreams. It turns our goals into actual plans.
Ways to live one day at a time:
- Ask “What can I do right now that reflects my goals in life?”
- Making a list of plans for the year, and doing actions that fit
- Remove past happenings from your focus
- At moments of overthinking, focus on something in your surroundings
- Mind your business (Literally and figuratively) others paths and situations are irrelevant to your achievement
4. Set an Intention
A phrase that reminds me of intention is, “It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it.” Intentions are the reason why two people can do the same action and get different results. Having intentions for our actions and decisions gives us foundation and direction for our lives. Setting an intention gives us something to remember as we are going through a progress. An example of this is going to an event with the intention of making new friends. Since you set this intention, it results in you being more sociable and open to others that are there, making it easier to achieve your intention.
5. Reflect Daily
Why wait until the end of the year to reflect on your life? It is common for us to wait until peak moments in the year to reflect on life. Reflecting each day, allows us to see what actions we need to shift to bring forth what we want. It helps us see where we are going, and if we are going in the direction we want to. Scheduling a time for reflection allows us to make this a continuous practice in our lives. Having a set of questions to ask yourself in advance helps with preparation for when the time comes. Here are a few examples!
Things to Reflect On:
- How was I feeling today?
- What am I grateful for? [#2 coming in handy!]
- What healthy decisions did I make today?
- What unhealthy decisions did I make today? What caused these decisions?
- Am I achieving the goals that I set for myself today? If not, why?
- What do I want to remember from today for tomorrow/next week/next time ____ happens?
- How could I have been more effective doing ____?
- Why did I respond ____ towards ____?
- What did I learn from ____? [Insert situation/interaction/experience]
Follow this list and you’re sure to have an amazing year. (I sure will be!) Instead of waiting for a great year, create it. ❤
What are your goals for this year? Comment below 🙂